Moving Forward
How will I take what I've learned in this class and move forward in a positive manner?
First, at the very least, I've become familiar with Johnson-Eiola's Datacloud and Bolter & Grusin's Remediation. I am actually interested in the issues brought up on both sides. Rearticulation and remediation are the playing fields on which my life exists and will in the future. As technology grows and improves upon itself, I will be able to acknowledge and understand what is happening, while it is happening. I may not like it, but I'll get it.
Second, I've learned how to find information about web design, code, software and hardware. I got my feet wet with reading computer manuals and navigated through the wealth of information on the O'Reilly disc. In the process of doing small assignments with our own web pages, I located a number of discussion boards that can provide all types information. I know that the answer to any of my online question is just a "click" away.
Third, I've worked my way in to the blogging world. I now have three blogs: Girl From the North Country, rearticulation and ROAD WARRIOR. "Girl From the North Country" was my Technical Writing and Online Documentation blog; however, it might change to an online journal. "rearticulation" is my Online Documentation individual project. I would like to continue to post as my relationship with the Internet continues to evolve. "ROAD WARRIOR" will be my summer, road trip blog and will most likely end when I get home.
Finally, the most important thing I learned in this class that will follow me forever is the idea that I'm not so stupid when it comes to technology. As long as I can situate myself within the existence of that technology--understand where I fit in--I'll be fine. I need to stop being scared of everything non-organic and start to deal with the fact that this is where the future is headed. Online doesn't just mean the Internet. In one way or another, we are all connected to something.

1 Comments:
phenomenal site you are crafting......LOVE your music tastes..john mayall is now touring the states, 72 and still kicks ass...add lucinda williams, sonny landreth and tommy miller to your list, as well as savoy brown, buddy miles, (best of from ealry 70s) and who can compare to the passion unleashed in otis redding....
pleasure reading your thoughts and musings!love writing as well, though lately have entered a bit more sensuous in my adventures....
have a great day...looking forward to more of you! thanks, ken of louisiana
Post a Comment
<< Home